PTX 4.26% 4.5¢ prescient therapeutics limited

Daily happenings?., page-119

1. 7,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3260
    That's pretty much my understanding of how MD Anderson's TCR-like binders work and will elevate OmniCAR's (dare I say) omnipresence and omnipotence. CarT has been successful and commercialied in blood tumours where antigens occur in blood vessels and most present on the surface of cancerous cells.... but the holy grail is solid turmours. By being able to switch (in-vivo) to different binders targeting different targets because of the prevalence of mutations in solid tumours, MD Anderson's technology will be given the harness it needs to achieve persistent tumour killing.

What I am vague on, and hopefully @hottod can help here, is how MD Anderson's TCR-like binders and technology works in pushing the intracellular antigens to the surface of the cells within solid tumours. How is that achieved? I understand that by pushing the antigens to the surface of the cells, antigen release is reduced and persistence maximised.

https://jhoohttps://jhoonline.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13045-019-0788-4nline.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13045-019-0788-4

Despite significant success achieved in recent years, it is still difficult to target intracellular antigens of tumor cells with traditional antibodies, and novel therapeutic strategies are needed. T cell receptor (TCR)-like antibodies comprise a novel family of antibodies that can recognize peptide/MHC complexes on tumor cell surfaces. TCR-like antibodies can execute specific and significant anti-tumor immunity through several distinct molecular mechanisms, and the success of this type of antibody therapy in melanoma, leukemia, and breast, colon, and prostate tumor models has excited researchers in the immunotherapy field.

The reality is that there are going to be different ways and methods to effectivley treat solid tumours as technology evolves. Personalised medicine and therapies for cancer treatment is likely to take on many forms. But hooking up with MD Anderson with their library of binders and Thermo Fisher with their equipment supplies and services will be taking PTX and OmniCAR to the next level towards commercialiation. I'm thinking that the developments with MDA's binders could be getting our HER2 trial closer to the clinic more than ever.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
-0.002(4.26%)
Mkt cap ! $36.23M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $40.19K 861.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 275278 4.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.7¢ 149532 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.6¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.13 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.7¢ 4.7¢ 4.6¢ 428792
Last updated 14.48pm 21/05/2024 ?
PTX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.