Why then does Watchtower have a Governing Boby (the leaders) to...

1. 11,868 Posts.
    Why then does Watchtower have a Governing Boby (the leaders) to dictate doctrine, terms for salvation which includes associating with Watchtower... and so on?
    --------------
    Good question!
    In the first century Jesus appointed apostles that he trained for the preaching and teaching work that he would lead from heaven right through to our day.

(Matthew 28:18-20) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.

It is clear Jesus as leader ''commanded'' this work be done down to our day. When he was asked about ''the conclusion of the system of things'' he spoke of those doing the work as a ''slave'' class, not leaders.

(Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

(Matthew 24:45-47) “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! 47 Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.