ZIP 1.45% $1.70 zip co limited..

Very exciting times ahead, I’ve been holding Zip forever and...

1. 91 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29

Very exciting times ahead, I’ve been holding Zip forever and have always believed a big named strategic investor would be one of the valuation catalysts to set it off.Although Klarna accumulating a strategic interest in Zip is still to be confirmed, they have been openly on the hunt for acquisitions and investments and doing deals in the $100 - $200m range. So Klarna does have the balance sheet to do a ~5% strategic investment (~$200m) but would not have the funding currently available for a full takeover.

I think if it does become public Klarna are on the Zip share register, this will be a massive validation to market of Zip’s business model, management, performance to date and growth prospects. Klarna is the world’s largest BNPL company privately owned by the most reputable private equity and venture capital firms in the world. And if Klarna were making such an investment in Zip, the Board of Directors and Investment Committee would have to approve, and sign-off which is chaired by one of the Sequoia Capital founders.

Sequoia for example, they are the real deal one of best tech VC investors in the world, even the man himself Charlie Munger has openly praised them in public for their tech investments and superior returns, and here they could be running the ruler over Zip and have an indirect interest in Zip via Klarna. These private investors have serious skin in the game and only support valuation/ strategically accretive moves to shareholders and investors, and with Zips ridiculously low valuation gap vs peers it has to happen soon..

Last edited by PaulAllen23: 17/07/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.70
Change
-0.025(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $1.909B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.75 $1.77 $1.68 $16.19M 9.417M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5300 $1.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.70 86880 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.