ZIP 2.34% $1.46 zip co limited..

Another exciting month coming up for Zip. The more I think about...

1. 429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    Another exciting month coming up for Zip.

The more I think about it, the more I like the re-branding. At the start, like most of us.. I was hesitant about the new logo but now it makes perfect sense with what Zip is aiming to achieve. They want to build a unified global brand for their customers and merchants to be able to leverage more resources to lead the future of digital universal payment technology. They want to allow global merchants and partners to be able to expand over the world with a seamless integration under a single Zip brand. As Larry said "if a merchant integrates with Zip once, we can open up in 12 markets with a single integration." This will drive both business outcomes and value for customers internationally as well as continued growth for Zip over the next 12 months. It just doesn't make sense for Zip to operate in 12 markets under several different names. Spotti and Twisto will likely be next to be rebranded to Zip after acquisition is complete by Q1 and Q2 FY22.

Larry said we have some really exciting global retail brands that will be launching for the first time under the Zip brand in the US. This could potentially be massive. We know the Microsoft and Zip partnership in Australia was under the spotlight in early July again despite it being released in May. "Microsoft has plans to extend the BNPL offering from customers to retailers and small businesses later in the year, as well as launching BNPL in other markets." What I liked in the Switzer interview was Larrys comment "Once we complete our rebrand, we hope that will elevate who we are in the market and really be seen as a true global competitor. We've got a lot of global relationships with brands here in Australia such as Facebook, Ebay and Amazon, so I think once this rebrand is completed we will be seen as a truly global BNPL powerhouse and hopefully join the conversation." Hint Hint.

With regards to the Klarna conspiracy - Larry handled that extremely well - "If you haven't seen anything pop up.. then just keep supporting us" - with a big smile on his face. No one expected him to confirm or deny the allegations. Although, the cryptocurrency and possibly stock trading platforms have definitely been confirmed by Peter and will be coming through the Zip App over the next 12 months to supercharge growth.

Importantly, Larry also did discuss the retail investors and it's clear they are now aware of our concerns regarding poor investor relations and communication to shareholders. I think they will definitely improve this going forward.

With the share price falling we tend to forget what Zip has achieved and the massive growth metrics they continue to produce in such a short time. Record revenue of 129.9 million (up 104% YoY) is seriously impressive for any company to generate.

If Zip can now grow the UK with eased restrictions and benefit from increased awareness with the US global rebranding to acquire some big global merchants, then there is lots to like moving forward.

Looking forward to some big upcoming announcements in mid August. IMO - there is just way too much potential upside for Zip!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.46
Change
-0.035(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $1.644B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.50 $1.54 $1.45 $19.96M 13.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 104211 $1.46

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.47 50000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.