ZIP 2.27% $1.72 zip co limited..

Daily Price Movement / General Discussion, page-28889

1. 4,535 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 298
    Well my knowledge of m&a regarding anything very detailed is second-hand and mostly just go by ear. But heard from the mouth of someone that deals in takeovers of companies the size of Zip. I'm sure there are people that know more than me on here.

I have a good mate that is a high level exec at a global tech giant worth over $150B USD. He is in a position that requires him to make decisions on acquisitions and he is often put on the board of these companies to appoint CEOs.

He never once has spoken of the share registry of a company being a major factor in deciding whether or not they are a target for take over. I mean maybe they are, but he doesn't ever seem focused on it and I get the impression it's not that relevant.

The intricacies of the share prices seem of little concern, and instead focus on the businesses product itself and financials are what is mentioned a lot in our discussions whenever the boring topic of finance comes up.

He spends an unbelievable amount of time with new executive teams after an acquisition. It's my take away that they purchased the company for the product and the executive teams ability to deliver on KPI's and improve and deliver their product to a high standard.

My opinion is that the takeover company would simply not give a flying fk about the acquired company's dealing of the share registry (unless of course it was way out of control. which Zip isn't), because once it's taken over, their skills and abilities in that department are moot.

Affirm shorts roughly same as Zip. I don't know why, and I don't care either. It's splitting hair bullshit of a topic I openly don't support as being worthy of lengthy discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.72
Change
-0.040(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $1.937B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.80 $1.83 $1.70 $26.91M 15.42M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5000 $1.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.73 15000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.