ZIP 1.74% $1.41 zip co limited..

Just watched the Q&A part of the retail investor day again....

1. 429 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 208
    Just watched the Q&A part of the retail investor day again. Interestingly, is the question "why aren't Zip announcing more merchant partnerships?"

Adam Ezra then goes on to say that Zip has "pilots in place with some of the largest retailers which of course we will only share with the market once they have progressed to a more mature state."

Peter then goes on to talk about how the ASX performs a materiality test for announcements and not all merchants are worthy due to Zip growing bigger.. the best part is when he says "although clearly there's some strategic and big size merchants that would truly be material and we are very very confident in the health of our pipeline and there are some very exciting announcements coming in the short and medium term."

So essentially they just continue to reiterate to the market that there are these significant "strategic" and "material" partnerships/updates coming soon. They hint that these updates are ASX worthy - meaning they are "big size" merchants/partners which will have a "material" impact for Zip.

As Zip is partnered with Microsoft AUS - could they be one of the "big retailer partnerships" and "pilots in place" currently happening in the US, as Microsoft were seeking to expand their BNPL services globally. Speculation only.

IMO I would not be surprised to see a huge partnership soon with potentially a banking/financial service. If you watch closely they touch on opportunities to be able to affiliate with banks to provide BNPL to their customers several times during the presentation. They express that there are significant opportunities available to them thanks to the Square/APT deal.

I'm impressed with their confidence moving forward and that they are consistently at work cutting deals. All will be revealed soon enough!
    Last edited by HLV693: 19/09/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.