ZIP 0.19% $2.71 zip co limited..

I think Zip has a fantastic life ahead of it. long term been...

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I think Zip has a fantastic life ahead of it. long term been 5-10 years this business will be fantastic and dare I said it, a global neo bank.

short term however, mainly due to the macro markets at this stage, will cause issues to grow. (mainly due to cost of capital)

once interest rates rise, the cost to fund a purchases for a sustained period of time, will become a large hurdle.

One plus with afterpay is it's quick turnaround time, debt repaid in like 8 weeks. Zip has to fund the purchases for muuch longer attracting interest with its borrowing fees and interest, over a much longer time (credit card)

I personally use zip as a credit card, In a year or so of use I have not paid them a cent for the privilege to use their money to purchase my shit. All accounts are closed by month end.

So, maybe I don't understand enough, but why would Zip do better long term given my own personal experience of the platform?

$6 p/m account fee seems hardly viable and large interest (after 3 months of zipmoney) most likely won't kick in to most savvy spenders.

I do believe in what zip are trying to do, been using pocketbook for years to track spending.

What do you reckon?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.71
Change
0.005(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $3.557B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.64 $2.74 $2.61 $17.50M 6.538M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
31 61365 $2.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.71 123874 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.23pm 08/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.