ZIP 7.08% $1.58 zip co limited..

Daily Price Movement / General Discussion, page-6395

1. 5,519 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1391
    It only took you two sentences to reveal you actually know nothing about BNPL.

"Struggling to turn a profit" is not recognizing that these companies are reinvesting into growth. Sure, they can do a HUMM, expand to New Zealand and Ireland, let Affirm take the US, let Klarna take the UK, sit back enjoy the spoils in the ANZ market and show you a nice positive profit at the end of the year. Would I buy this company? Hell no, I might as well buy a bank. Saver, provides dividends and probably grows just as fast. GTFO with the "struggling to turn a profit" rubbish.

The next comment "if you have to split a $100 retail purchase over 4 weeks 90% likely you probably shouldn't buy it in the first place" is the real kicker because you clearly are not understanding what BNPL is about.

I recommend reading about the psychological aspect of BNPL in my objective analysis thread: https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/objective-analysis-psychology-of-using-bnpl.5523779/

In addition you should read the PDF (make sure it's the PDF, not just the summary) "How millennials manage money" to give you an insight into the type of people using BNPL. What may surprise you is that the average Afterpay user earns more than the average non-afterpay user which contradicts the notion that BNPL is for the poor (The study is Afterpay based but would extent to Z1P due to the homogenous nature of the products). The low default rates and arrears rates as well as declining late fees as % of revenue (for both APT and Z1P) also contradicts this notion.

There is no point investing in BNPL if you don't understand the psychological aspect as well as the type of users that are drawn to this product.
    Last edited by StefanF: 26/03/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.58
Change
-0.120(7.08%)
Mkt cap ! $1.774B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.72 $1.72 $1.57 $42.26M 26.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 19469 $1.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.58 33400 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZIP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.