WCB 0.00% $9.01 warrnambool cheese & butter factory co.hold.ltd

dairy gold up for grabs, page-11

1. 480 Posts.
    Hi,

'This is a perfectly workable strategy. And get rid of the egomaniacs with their cheque books who think that money can buy them anything they want.'

Yes, but Terry's article also explains why this isn't likely to happen given the ACCC's current thinking. The ACCC has already given the thumbs down twice to MG, so you can imagine what it would think of a three way tie up!

The farmers' interest is a tricky one. I've always understood that dairy farming isn't the most profitable business at the moment, so it must be very tempting for those who hold WCB to cash in at these prices.

Perhaps appealing to the national interest at 7.50 doesn't cut much ice when the market's higher and Saputo have a higher cash bid in.

I read the MG interview and the points made were very similar to Terry's which led me to think there might have been some cooperation there.

I'm not clear if this farmers meeting on Monday will include input from the WCB Board. At the moment the Board are not seeing things the same way as Terry and MG.

As I said in a previous post, I think MG need to raise their price for obvious reasons.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WCB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.