dalby qld, page-2

1. 1,151 Posts.
    Warnie

I am currently living in Toowoomba and have heard that there is a fair bit of activity going on out there in regards to infrastructure. eg. expanding coal mines, power station, new ethanol plant, gas, and just over at Chinchilla is where Linc energy (LNC) are developing their technology of making deisel from coal underground (don't ask me how!).

Picked up this from a quick google search. 18 mths old but interesting nonetheless.

www.reiq.com.au/MediaReleases/view_media.asp?media_id=388

"Across the State, Queensland's mining towns continue to benefit from the resources boom and subsequent population growth. Mt Isa recorded a very strong 10.8 per cent increase in the September quarter, with Bowen (8.5 per cent), Dysart (8.3 per cent) and Gladstone (5 per cent) among other solid performers.

"The Dalby shire in the State's inner south-west recorded a notable 16.5 per cent price growth over the quarter, on the back of a number of industrial and infrastructure developments that have been announced for the region."

According to Mr McGrath, a new gas-fired power station near Dalby itself, the Kogan Creek coal-fired power project near Chinchilla, coal seam gas mines, gas fields and a significant railway upgrade have all attracted hundreds of people to the region.

"Dalby's population, currently about 12,000, is expected to increase by 50 per cent over the next five years as more and more people settle in the town and take advantage of its existing, and rapidly growing, infrastructure," he said."

Apparently there are supposed to be 16000 jobs to be created over the next 10 yrs. Can't remember where I read that though.

The black soil in Dalby can be an issue to build on as well but I think with newer techniques this problem has been rectified. Also I think part of the town can flood (if we ever get any bloody rain that is).

Warnie I am not a sales punter but rather in the Army with the helicopters. This info probably doesn't do much for you but it is the best I can do as I wanted to help out since I read all your posts with respect to the 'property' thread and have gotten so much valueable info from you.

Just about to buy my 2nd IP down at Eagleby between the Goldie and Brissy so keep up with your posts and I would also like to hear any info you find in regards to the Dalby market as I have noticed the yields are a lot higher than here in Toowoomba but the CG may be a bit slow.

Sorry for the long post,

Destrier

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.