SCG 1.80% $3.28 scentre group

Dan coming out at 2:30, page-23

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    Mate, this all sounds a lot like my investment approach in 2007 when I recklessly over-committed almost all of my savings to a supposedly safe conservative REIT a few months before the GFC. In hindsight I was gambling, not investing. Many sleepless nights, and 7 years later, l recovered my 85% losses and sold more or less at break-even. At that time, l wasn't working for about a year -- as the market continued to crash. It's something I've regretted ever since.

Ask anyone heavily invested in the banks (for safe dividends) or Sydney Airport in February this year -- what could possibly go wrong...safe yield just like a 6% term deposit! In hindsight things seem so obvious.

For the record, I think you're right about SCG being a good buy and will be fine. However, your talk of being bored, taking a punt, and needing to sell before March is a real worry. Please think about what you're doing, and whether you've got your bases covered financially and emotionally in the event the market recovery turns "W" shape. The amount of energy you seem to be putting into this stock's progress on Hot Copper makes me feel you're too heavily invested emotionally in SCG's fortunes.

Think of what you'll do if it's February and the market is depressed with no successful vaccine in sight or a vaccine-resistant Covid strain emerges.

I almost bought SCG a couple of months ago but bought a couple of other REITs instead. At least consider spreading your money over three or four REITs if they're what you're interested in. If I were you I'd take some money off the table and reduce my exposure.

I write this with the greatest respect. All the best, mate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SCG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.28
Change
-0.060(1.80%)
Mkt cap ! $17.03B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.31 $3.34 $3.27 $25.83M 7.842M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 266025 $3.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.29 40918 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SCG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.