DNK 0.00% 8.8¢ danakali limited

I think the Chinese were interested a few years ago (when no...

1. phw
    611 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 733
    I think the Chinese were interested a few years ago (when no doubt they were trying to steal the project from us)
    They have since taken over the port in Djibouti (borders Eritrea to the south), kicked out Dubai's DP World as operators and put a Navy base in there (gulp)

So I would be guessing that DP World (a $15bn company) would be involved in construction & operation.

Its a little chicken/egg situation because Eritrea won't push the button on a new port until DNK get finance and commence construction. (So Eritrea can be assured of big volumes of salt and SOP going through the port)

And DNK can't talk the big picture of large volumes etc until the port is actually built or confirmed.
    (ASX rules & regulations I'm guessing)
    We are stuck talking about a boring 472,000 tpa for 5 years. (albeit worth $350mn a year in sales!)

I would love to have seen DNK release a study under the 'new port' scenario.

Where it could bring in the rock salt sales and increase production to volumes to 2mtpa within 4 years etc etc.

The IRR would have increased (its already a great number) and the NPV would be worth +US$1 bn to DNK.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DNK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.