LYC 2.90% $6.37 lynas rare earths limited

Wenesday (thursday for us) is a very important day.The Fed,s...

1. 872 Posts.
    Wenesday (thursday for us) is a very important day.
    The Fed,s (Bernanke) will unveil the US Qrtly report on,Growth,Inflation,unemployment forcast,and an interest rate decision.
    The Feds had forcast growth around 3-3.3 %..Economists predict 2.6%.The Feds have been back peddling..so around 2.8/2.9 would be acceptable.
    The most sensitive issue will be unemployment..the Feds have forcast beteween 8.4-8.7 % by year end...was at 9% in May.Must be the optimist in me..but if unemployment is under 10%..means 9 out of 10 people are employed.

Greece on the other hand is still fighting their working !!!! population..who still want to start work at 10..have the 3 hour siesta lunch ,finish at 4 and retire on full pension at 55.
    The Germans and the French Gov.s who are bailing Greece out have their own population seething at the Greek work ethics,and would rather greece drowned then be helped out.
    Thats why the Int. Monetery Fund has stepped in,even if Greece cant repay the Central banks...thank goodness..yesterday..at least some temporary reprieve till Thursday.
    July will start the half yearly reporting season.The pendulum will swing heavily both ways one would anticipate.
    ie how have those companies who survived GFC 1..are surviving today.
    China came out with their Economic Data last week..slowing down..NO..accelerating... still.
    Either way agree with most..we are in the oven with everyone else till we begin exporting.
    Then it doesnt matter what the market is doing..we have contracts to fill.
    Unlike MCP,who just realised Japan doesnt trust they can deliver..started to barter on price..unlike LYC contracts signed and price nailed down in accordance with International REE prices...no bartering.
    I can hear our molycorp expert Chihawk biting at the bit on this enormous ramification.
    This must be sending down a chill in every REE CEO.
    Please correct me instantly..but i read that MCP sent specific samples to prospective clients lined up by Sumitomo..and were rejected.
    You can just about hear the noise going on in the Funds management dept..spend a billion dollars to get a new project going...risk..may not get a contract..maybe non left...thats how Southwood from Goldman sachs sees it.
    Personally i disagree,LYc and China wont supply enough...but its going to be very picky choosy..no guarantee your REE,s will fit the bill.
    How many REE companies have contracts..?????..only need one hand.
    LYC looks sweeter by the day.
    LYC did axactly the same as MCP ...sent out specific samples to prospective clients..result..7 contracts..1 pending..others in pipe line.
    The Rich grade with the patented RED BRAND ..proving itself.
    More intregue ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.37
Change
-0.190(2.90%)
Mkt cap ! $5.954B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.53 $6.55 $6.35 $21.07M 3.291M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 11945 $6.36

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.37 99 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.