LYC 2.86% $6.11 lynas rare earths limited

dangerous territory, page-51

1. 119 Posts.
    To Toly: I think you understood exactly the point I was making. Thanks for your support a couple of days ago. Of all the contributors on this forum, I value your measured, knowledgeable comments the most.

To markco2: I agree totally with you about the value of Lynas now and the exciting future it will have. I want to be part of that future, exclusively in the REE field. However, I don't want to be in the position of having my shares forceably taken away from me under a compulsory takeover deal. Under the current law, if 90% of shareholders agree to a price offered under such a deal, the rest of us have no say and will lose our ownership of the company.
    Right now, Lynas is 32% below its recent high of 270. Since that high, the Mt Weld concentrator has been commissioned; the Japanese have put their money where their mouth is to the extent of more than $270M to enable doubling of production; construction has continued unabated at the LAMP; the Malaysian inquiry has been completed with a favourable (IMO) recommendation due by the end of the month.
    All of this points to the fact that Lynas is extremely undervalued (in a down market) at a time when all the hard work has been done and final product is only months away. If ever the company was open to takeover it is now.
    All I am saying to people on this forum is "don't sell". Forget the FIRB, markco2. It would not deny a takeover from a company like BHP. What will deny one is a 10% core of committed shareholders who are here for the long term.
    So don't sell. Use the low price to buy. That is what I will be doing leading up to the release of the Malaysian report. After that, I expect the SP will rapidly increase which will reduce the risk of a takeover.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.