LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

dangerous territory, page-52

1. 1,272 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1945
    I don't know bz, a few things strike me as the driving forces next week...

You talk about shares being not available for the shorters... This can work in two ways, the fact that shorts have to cover quickly in the case of price sensitive news can cause just as rapid of an increase as it can a decrease (short squeeze)...

Secondly, for every share dumped last Friday (probably by the retail investor), there was someone buying those shares... I watched the price action on the ASX and the decrease was orderly and gradual suggesting the institutions were not involved in selling, rather some were probably buying, in small increments on the cheap as the shares became available...

I know blocks as large as 2.5m were traded at times but this can be easily explained as a brokerage house, with many retail LYC holders, selling excess supply to keep their books balanced... IMO 2.5m is not an institutional investor...

Generally when the trading desk at an institution is selling, they are trying to dum before their competition (other investment firms) and the volume is very heavy, and the drop off is a cliff... I do not consider 65m share heavy volume for a company with OS of 1.7b... Look at a chart where I would guess a 30 day average is ~45m shares...

The final thing that I would like to suggest is that there WILL be some game changing news coming out the seminar to be held on Tuesday and Wednesday in Sydney... The horsepower of the industry luminaries attending this event is substantial and as a result, there will be many questions regarding the resolution of Malaysia... Perhaps nothing official but it only makes sense that journalists' exploit every event they can to obtain "inside" information... This is a huge event in terms of this and IMO will be a turning point one way or another...

I am not really a TA guy, I think TA is practical in the absence of fundamentals... JMHO...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.76 $6.81 $6.72 $16.83M 2.487M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 9162 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.78 5455 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.