It's a disaster, Andrews destroyed the whole Vic road system...

1. 12,419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1315
    It's a disaster, Andrews destroyed the whole Vic road system along with everything else in the state.
    Thing is, the wanker walks away rolled in gold for the rest of his life for taking down an entire state.
    It just beggars belief.

I agree 1000% Jack

Late last year for the first time ever I took my extended family including three grandchildren to Daylesford for a weekend, hiring a big weekender and lugging up lots of food, drink etc. We had a great weekend together.

However the roads!!!!!!!!!

I love Google Maps and dutifully followed it and travelled via Gisborne and Macedon then onto Daylesford. The closer we got to Daylesford the bigger and more frequent the potholes became. It is very hard to see a pothole when it is shaded by a roadside tree. I come from the bush so long drives on country roads are not an issue. But potholes on country roads were not an issue until Andrews got into power.

On the way home after a great weekend we decided to go back to Melbourne on the Western Highway via Ballan. The potholes were even worse.

Daylesford is one of Victoria's pre-eminent weekend get away destinations. The contempt for road users, even around Daylesford, is astounding.

Andrews, Allan and Pallas should hang their heads in shame about chronic underfunding of rural roads. I am convinced this lack of funding is a contributing facyor to the ever higher country roads death toll.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.