While the mandated 'diversity hire' of the apparently...

1. 9,853 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    While the mandated 'diversity hire' of the apparently incompetent security company is a bad look, since the NSW Government hired the same company that's not the real issue imo.

The real issue is the decision by the Victorian Government not to supervise the private security guards with police or ADF personnel, as was the case in NSW. That was a shockingly stupid decision not just because private security guards generally aren't the most diligent or attentive, but because they're legally powerless to stop an absconding quarantinee.

I'm not sure whether Dan Andrews himself had oversight over that decision, and fault must also be given to the selfish dickheads who absconded from quarantine themselves, as well as the incompetent security guards/management and the state government bureaucrats involved.

However - if The Age's reporting is correct, then for that act of monumental incompetence alone the Andrews government deserves to lose the next election, and I will preference Liberal above Labor for the first and possibly only time in my life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.