BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

dargie - thanks, page-8

1. 2,892 Posts.
    Hi Sharky,

At this point I am not prepared to state an arguement for either case.

What I am prepared to state, is that no body knows what the real demand for these assets will be until they are placed up for sale....and there is offer, acceptance and consideration.

Then we will know the true value of the balance sheet, and hence the true value of the stock.

Until such time, we are all free to gamble on BBI's survival....which is effectively what you are doing every time you buy a stock.

If they sell for above book value and retain a net asset position, those that hold beat the house and take home the winnings. If it doesnt, the house falls down, taking your capital with it.

In answer to your question asking if I am aware of recent sales.....the answer is yes. It is the remaining assets I am fearful about. I also know that in the last 12 months, my own finacial response to these world events has been to look at my portfolio, and say....what is still above what I paid for it.....and sell it. Those other stocks well below my purchase price, where a sale would not materially improve my financial position, I am still holding. Yes this goes against trading rules 101- sell your lossers and let your winners run....but the reality has been somewhat different for me.

(And before someone jumps on and says, that keeping the lossers will give them time to get back to book value- that may never happen....so cant pin ones hopes on that. Especially when you over paid for them in the first instance.)

Kiril

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.