darwin, page-2

1. 18,454 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 406
    Thats nothing...Darwin recently had a massive gas plant built in the harbour by conocco phillips and its all going beautifully.
    The clincher is darwin has around 100000 people there, they are in the process of signing off a deal with inpex gas to build another plant.
    Its estimated another 15000 or so people will be required for construction, there is a big shortage of housing in darwin my contacts say as your post also says.
    I think rents are closest to the highest in AUS now and the fundamentals look quite good if I were to look for somewhere to invest.
    IE a 400k house will rent for $400+ a week and an 800k house will rent for $800 a week.

I have had a property in Darwin before, the defence force is big(govt pays their rent for them too) but on top of that most people are employed in the public sector so wages are stable.

I do know some land releases are planned to ease the pressure but not for 18 months or so.

I beleive the strong aussie dollar may be hurting their tourism industry a bit though but the mining and farming sectors are growing quite fast up there especially with the abundance of water.

Good luck

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.