MBP 3.23% 3.0¢ metabolic pharmaceuticals limited

+ data and comment +, page-3

1. 22,691 Posts.
    Web site: http://www.metabolic.com.au/
    If has a F&Q session. Suggest you read it. A reference is made to the obesity drug AOD9604 and publications.

2 OTHER DRUGS:
    Investor update, date 18/10/2002:
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MBP&E=ASX&N=196386

Extract: ADD9918/ADD9922 FOR TYPE II DIABETES
    "ADD9918 and ADD9922 are analogs of fragments of insulin that cause potent insulin sensitization in animal models of type 2 diabetes.

They have the potential to provide a new treatment for type 2 diabetes. THere have been some problems with consistency of batches and the process has slowed down.

MBP0250 and MBP0260 FOR OSTEOPOROSIS
    MBP0250 and MBP0260 are fragments of the hormones amylin and adrenomedullin with potential for the treatment of osteoporosis.
    These compounds were exclusively licensed from the University of Auckland in March this year.

MBP0201 FOR IRON OVERLOAD
    MBP0201 is a new compound with potential to provide an effective oral drug for iron overload diseases. This invention was exclusively licensed from Sydney's Heart Research Institute in March this year".

Summary: It is clear that most of the emphasis is placed on the obese drug AOD9604 at present. This drug could become important if it passes the trials. Sofar the results have been encouraging.

It is possible that if the results from Phase IIb trial of this obesity drug are positive (the trial only lasts 3 months, so we'll soon know), the FDA may step in and shorten the time to market: in my previous post, I already made reference to the FDA's interest in obesity.

It is pleasing therefore that MBP is in close contact with the FDA.

Gerry Stolwyk
    Please do your own research and you decide if and when to buy, hold or sell any stocks.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.