BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

Data, Data, Data, page-20

1. 4,015 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    Most of it was a bit of a yawn, I agree. The most interesting comment (perhaps a slip) was something that many of us have speculated on in the past. Greg said that at least part of the difficulty in negotiating with big pharma is that they have a different business model to that offered by ddRNAi. In other words, big pharmas are not convinced about one-shot treatments. Now this is really interesting because, if we can show that one-shot treatments work and also act as a prophylactic, then one of these big pharmas is going to break ranks and then it will be on for young and old.

The company is now looking for a CEO that has the wherewithal to be able to negotiate their way through this maze of risk and reward in a way that has a clarity which Peter was unable to provide.

I guess another conclusion that can be drawn from that comment by Greg is that the share price is not likely to do much until the ddRNAi business model is accepted by big pharma and investors. A spike on new data and then a retreat is likely to continue to be the norm for the time being.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.