BPT 1.40% $1.45 beach energy limited

data to ponder, page-4

1. 742 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Thanks Goro

Maybe I know a little bit - perhaps not enough!!!

As far as a buy-in entry point the data is reasonably useful. I cannot tell you when is a good time for YOU to buy in -I can only tell you MY interpretation of the trading data.

Current Bollinger Bands would suggest that a bargain buy-in price would be 82-83c but remember that these bands take into account the market overreaction to the Japanese earthquake / tsunami. So in my book a bargain buy in price would be 86c. A top-shelf price would be 96c. When a stock runs hot the share price will test the upper end of the Bollinger Bands. This has been the trend for the past few months. More specifically to BPT, if you can get BPT 82-88c then you are getting a bargain (in my opinion based on current trade data)

MACD is useful to track share price momentum. For BPT then, (with the MACD sitting on -2)indicates that the share has lost some traction. I havent checked today but my statement yesterday could be slightly inaccurate as the sp has fallen slightly. These things run in cycles as money moves around the market. My guess is that there is a general movement into Banks etc and in-turn Banks MACD would be turning positive.

Relative Strength - BPT was sitting at 40 ish. There are traders out there who use this. It is used by contrary buyers (ie buying oversold shares and waiting for them to rise). They will sell when RSI reaches 75-80. BPT therefore is a good contrarian buy based on RSI.

Of course, this data is useful but it is fundamentals that are important to me. You no doubt read others (including me) giving a plug for the Beach. No debt. Good success rate with minimal dusters, level headed management and cash on hand.

Good luck my friend

regards

Capt. Goodvibes
    dscl:- I hold and trade BPT. Do your own research and wear own risks. Dont take this as financial advice as I value 100 things ahead of money and oil wells ... including surfing

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.45
Change
0.020(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $3.307B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.45 $1.46 $1.44 $6.124M 4.220M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 35145 $1.45

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.45 92728 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.