SYT 0.00% 0.1¢ syntonic limited

DataFlex

1. 3,529 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 249
    Time to commence a thread dedicated to Dataflex to accompany Freeway. This will assist new investors.

For an outline of DataFlex (DF) from the July Prospectus, read here: http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-syntonic-investor-presentation-syt-ax.2817166/#.V-cB8fB97IU

My short summary: DF is a split billing smart phone app that divides personal from business use in the workplace, where you bring your own device (BYOD). It uses the same patented Connected Service Platform that Freeway uses, and comes with an extensive billing analytics that will generate a monthly bill for employees/employers, while keeping employee personal phone usage completely private. It achieves this by enabling the employee to utilize pre-selected apps by the employer for work purposes, such as travel, weather, phone etc. The employee can easily be reimbursed from the clarity of usage provided by the pre-selected apps, or the employer can pay the content provider directly.  

Split Billing may become the solution to the large and growing problem in the US and elsewhere, caused by the conflict between personal and business usage for a BYOD in the workplace. SYT's recent BYOD Report showed that $2.B was being over-spent by employers. This climate has resulted in one legal case of prominence in California, where the ruling dictated that employers must reimburse employees. From this, many employers have established a reimbursement system, but the survey results shows that the present systems are highly unsatisfactory. DF appears to be a very simple and accountable alternative.

DF BYOD Report: http://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann...endent-byod-employer-research-syt-ax.2912867/

Dataflex's initial target market is the US and Europe. No contracts with employers have yet been announced, but I personally expect them to start rolling in large numbers over the short/medium term future. SYT has included 50 contracts as part of their first milestone.

The above link to the July Prospectus shows the contract costs for employers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.