KYC 0.00% 57.5¢ keycorp limited

date error impact, page-5

1. 71 Posts.

I am guessing that the glitch liability will be not be great because "No merchant has been in the position whereby they have not been able to transact," So i guess the question is one of damage to kyc's reputation and level of serivce that they can be relyed on to provide.

Another article on the 2016 glitch.

Keycorp winds back time on eftpos machines
    by AAP on January 07, 2010

A computer error that blocked eftpos transactions at some shops on New Year's day has been fixed permanently, says one of the banks affected by the glitch.

The widespread error, which had been dubbed the "2016 glitch" in some media reports, involved a fault in the software supplied by financial services provider Keycorp.

The software date error stopped transactions going ahead at each pin pad machine due to the machine's date being set to 2016.

Transactions from cards with a validity date prior to 2016 were declined, causing delays to customers purchasing goods at retail outlets that have the machines installed

Up to 15,000 eftpos terminals had been affected by the glitch at some stage since January 1.

Keycorp has previously said an interim solution was put in place on New Year's day to allow transactions to take place, however, one minor problem still existed to do with correcting the dates printed on receipts.

"BWA Merchant Services can confirm the terminal software issue that had impacted some of its eftpos terminals has been resolved with receipts now showing the correct date," a spokesman for BankWest said in a statement.

Updated software had been downloaded overnight to shop eftpos machines and no further action was needed by retailers, the statement said.

Fairfax media has reported that the same error involving some Bank of Queensland machines had also been resolved.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KYC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.