BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

Dave's tweets, page-37

1. 2,114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1436
    In our democracy, we are all required to vote - whether we be intellect free, intellect loaded, or some middle ground. As such, it is not so much an 'ideal vote' that is expressed, but typically a 'lesser evil' selection. In both the examples you give, I suspect the 'lesser evil' rationale was used, rather than a judgement on their absolute economic credentials. Whether voters got it right or wrong is a separate and totally subjective discussion.

As for the 'enlightened self interest' motivation for listed companies - I think even us non self-declared experts would agree that is the prime if not sole motivation. Probably applies for non-listed commercial entities too. Which is why, the most efficient way to align the self-interest of these companies with the self interest of society/humanity/etc, is to correctly price and charge the true cost of all the externalities created by their factors of production. I think they taught that in high school economics - but I can't remember that far back.

Unfortunately, the timeline for benefits of such an approach are out of whack - considerably so - with the timelines for the cost of such an approach. Thus making it easy pickings to oppose by those with less enlightened agendas. Or perhaps, with conflicting self interest.

Oh well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.