Well I would not say that from every person I speak to here in...

1. 6,694 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Well I would not say that from every person I speak to here in Qld, they have had enough of this failing government.

Crisafulli will inherit a complete mess across the board, from crime, hospital mess, ambulance ramping and everything else that is happening daily up here.

Debt, he will get a mess in the next few years from new reports.

In the December mid-year budget update, the government projected total debt of $149 billion by 30 June 2027. At the previous rate of debt increase, you might have expected them to end up with around $160-165 billion of debt by mid-2028, but now they’re revealing debt could be $188 billion. That’s a big acceleration in the rate of debt accumulation. What is going on?

From what I can tell, it’s a combination of:

• huge vote-buying cost-of-living relief (e.g. electricity bill rebates) the government will offer in the upcoming budget;
    • infrastructure cost blowouts; and
    • the recent fall in coal prices (see chart below), which means the revenue upside I was hoping for in my previous post probably won’t occur

And the latest disaster is the DNA testing stuff up, 43,000 cases behind or have to be retested and said on the news that it could take up to 10 years to clear.

On the news tonight people are waiting months to years for corpses to be tested and returned to family members to be buried.

A top story teller could not write all this rubbish that is happening in Queensland.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.