DMP 2.34% $35.89 domino's pizza enterprises limited

No doubt stocks rose on this news article today. Problem is, the...

1. 22 Posts.
    No doubt stocks rose on this news article today. Problem is, the article is completely inaccurate. I have emailed the journalists the following to let her know.

Corrections:

1. The headline is not true. You can't predict the outcome of a case that hasn't even started yet.

2. The case is actually about Domino's infringing patents that have been granted to, and are currently owned by Precision. This can be checked with the patent office at any time.

3. I've read the latest court document re this. Precision does not need to come up with the money, that's inaccurate.
    This is not an issue of ability to pay, it's that the judge requires a commitment to pay. That's all it is. The requirement is only for them to make a clear commitment in pledging security. This could be any type of security to that value, not just cash. The litigation funder is running this case now, therefore it's likely they will pledge the security.

4. There are no reasons to believe the case is not going ahead.

5. The litigation funders obviously believe they can win on behalf of Precision, otherwise they wouldn't have taken it on. The way litigation funders work is that they recoup their costs though a settlement they believe they will win. They don't fund cases judged as risky, and they certainly do their due diligence for several months before they take on a case.

6. Domino's is not suing Navman. Please confirm this with Domino's.

Here is the completely inaccurate article:
    http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...g/news-story/6aeb7ef705f21ae6431b2ea01fc5837d

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$35.89
Change
-0.860(2.34%)
Mkt cap ! $3.263B
Open High Low Value Volume
$36.87 $36.98 $35.89 $39.82M 1.104M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 3393 $35.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$35.91 600 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.