david hicks vs john howard, page-64

1. 8,527 Posts.
    "Whatever people may think of David Hicks, his Dad Terry deserves our admiration. Terry was Australian of the year imo"

I've read the lot now! Yes, what father wouldn't stick up for his son - such love for a child is unconditional to almost the extent that murder might be forgiven - but perhaps the prospect of $millions in possible compensation some lawyer dreamt up and dangled like a carrot may have had something to do with it.

Like the Bali bombers, the 9/11 hi-jackers, London and Madrid bombers, when you commit yourself to such a cause, you sure know what you're doing!

To throw in your lot with such a vicious, murderous gang of pyschotic thugs, and embrace their cause, and "religion", to the extent of takjing up their arms agianst your own, and learning their lingo enough to help with translations, shows a pretty formidable committment to help them with their aims to me. There is always the image of a Judas - and he went back to it AFTER 9/11.

To then come back and portray yourself as some sort of hard-done-by martyr in some self aggrandising facts altered autobiography, wallowing in the bleeding heart morass of misguided do-gooder's pity, and market such a book for his own financial gain, is very hard for us to swallow. I wouldn't spend two bob on him frankly.

You reap what you sow.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.