BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

David Suhy email below... Hi Sean, Thanks for the note. I...

1. 536 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    David Suhy email below...

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the note. I appreciate the suggestions, and have to admit that while I had heard about companies like Admedus and Celularity in the past, it’s been a while since I read up about them. I’ll circle back around and do some additional homework. As you might expect though, we are in regular contact with Nant talking about a wide range of topics.

As for Optogenetics, yes there are a wide variety of applications for the novel capsids. We have talked publicly several times about the different types of applications of these novel capsids for diseases outside of AMD. Looking for new applications of our technology, as well as tools like the novel AAV capsids, is part of our normal review process for pushing programs forward. I hope you can understand that I am not at liberty to discuss some of these considerations. Aside from that, some of the bigger challenges to venturing into new areas has to deal with both the time and financial considerations in doing so.

Lastly, as for Apic Bio, I do think they are an interesting company that have recently published their own data on a silence and replace based technology. They had been in “stealth mode” for some time, but their emergence from Chris and Terry’s lab @ UMASS is not surprising. I have a high degree of respect for the both of them as researchers. All that said, their application of ‘silence and replace’ is slightly different and focuses on the use of the “gene rider” technology from Logic Bio and they are a fairly new company. However, we maintain that single vector, silence and replace based technology has the ability to transform the way gene therapy medicines are developed and are looking forward to pushing BB-301 into the clinic.

Best,

David

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.