DAX 0.18% 12,251 german stock index

DAX FTSE 7TH AUG 18

1. 3,232 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 188
    I wont be trading the open today due to travel but there is a massive divi on the FTSE tomorrow night. Its 39 points. This size divi usually promotes buying so look for areas to get long. Depending how my trip goes I should be able to trade on wed. The plan when there is a big divi is to buy in the last 5mins of trade if you can see it moving up and look for 10-20 points of profit. You can hold the trade into the close and let it drop on IG if you want because you get a rebate and the result is net. Depends how much you like to risk and ho long you like to stay in the market. I am in and out in a few minutes but the 39 point drop will create a gap that will need to fill and may take a couple hours or fill the next day.

I cant see anything on the DAX this far out but maybe the same trade as yesterday. Wait for it to rally up to yesterdays high and if the first 5mins of trade breaks down sell it for 30-40 points.

FTSE look for buys around yesterdays lows. If it does get above 7691 could get up to 7733. 7733 would be a sell for 10 points and if you like the price action as it tests yesterdays high get long for 10-20 points stop below the pivot 7660.

FTSE 7 AUG 18.JPG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DAX (INDEXDB) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.