PLS 3.17% $3.05 pilbara minerals limited

Had an interesting conversation today at work while on a tour of...

1. 48 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Had an interesting conversation today at work while on a tour of Bingo's (BIN) yard/facility. While on the topic of environmental policies, the manager mentioned that the company had a low emissions policy for its vehicle fleet, and so I asked if the company had ever thought about an all electric fleet. I thought I might get laughed at in all honesty... to my surprise, he mentioned that the company was already trialling an all electric truck fleet, and although unofficial, has intentions of running the entire yard off of solar power stored on batteries in the near future, including electric front-end loaders, dozers, tippers and other machinery.

This got me thinking... Everyone is so focused on EVs. But like I pointed out in a previous post of mine some time ago that mentioned power tools + construction equipment running off of lithium ion batteries, I think people are completely forgetting about everything else that has the potential to be converted to battery power. Diesel machinery, all kinds of industrial equipment, yards and factories, even marine vessels and aircraft. Are the lithium demand forecasts taking into account all of this?? Or is everyone simply scoped in on EVs? I really doubt that there will be an oversupply of lithium in the long term, if you factor in ALL the potential uses of battery power.

I sold my PLS shares at the start of the year in anticipation of a price drop. For once I got something right. But at these levels, re-entry is looking very enticing.

Perhaps we do have further to fall, I can't say for sure. But that is short term. For those on the fence, ask yourself a simple question. Do you really think PLS will be worth <$0.50 in 5 years time??

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.05
Change
-0.100(3.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.185B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.15 $3.02 $74.55M 24.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 89482 $3.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.05 37502 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.