PLS 5.84% $2.90 pilbara minerals limited

Day to day discussions on S/P, page-3174

1. 2,386 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 670
    with liquidity you can make fortunes from points, as an example I traded some years ago using 2.5k and the banks 16k buffer for settlement within three days then over a 6 month period churning millions of shares I turned 2.5k into a peak of 33k held to long then sold for 17k a profit of 14.5k, that was the gfc prior I had lost almost all the equity in my home it was a hard lesson, sold my home used the remaining equity bought into a fear driven collapsed reit borrowed using a personal loan and in the next 12 months doubled my money which allowed me to buy another lesser property with 25% equity not the 75% equity I held before trading, the carry over losses provided extensive tax rebates for 4 years---so yes points of a cent matter the advantage algos have is points of a cent across markets and they never stop, retail requires significant capital in the abscence of enormous liquidity and then we have Hedge Funds or short sellers with computer based algorithmic systemic information based attacks on any perceived weakness,{which is exactly where FMG are currently placed} in instances like this where the company appears to be well managed which ultimately was the reason for purchasing I sit it out even if that means a year or more.

I believe this so called correction will in a relative sense be short lived in the event it drags on should FMG be able to maintain a reasonable profit they will be in an excellent position to expand and diversify ,,,,,potentially a behemoth, ----so yes the points are the methodolgy for funds they tradfe across exchanges and through dark pools providing in FMGs a .25c advantage that retail traders combined with higher transaction costs simply cannot compete against, trading I aim to get 2-3% annual return with an absolute base of 1% this is turnover based earning strategy, this year is not shaping up well at all for this particular strategy

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.90
Change
0.160(5.84%)
Mkt cap ! $8.731B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.83 $2.90 $2.80 $106.1M 37.06M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 325534 $2.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.90 158813 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.