PLS 3.83% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

Interesting article but it is quite clearly using LCE or lithium...

1. 494 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Interesting article but it is quite clearly using LCE or lithium carbonate equivalent in its figures not lithium metal, which is what I used.

Specifically, under 'Lithium' in the quoted report it clearly says : "Goldman Sachs estimates that a Tesla model S with a 70kwh battery uses 63kg of lithium carbonate equivalent (LCE)........"

This is exactly the same figure as in the body of the electrek article article where it states:

"It is estimated that there’s about 63 kg of lithium in a 70 kWh Tesla" but without stipulating LCE. I think it is pretty clear though that the article means LCE not lithium metal.

If you convert 900g/kwh (63kg/70kwh) of L2CO3 to Li (metal) you get 85g of Lithium. This is not the 74g I used in my calculations but the difference is not great IMO. However, I did find the calculations in the forum I linked to be very convincing.

Of course the amount of Lithium varies from battery to battery depending on its chemistry and to be honest I'm not certain which one of these figures is the more up to date. But I must say I do prefer yours (85g). The more lithium they use, the better for PLS.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.110(3.83%)
Mkt cap ! $8.969B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.99 $3.10 $2.95 $98.90M 32.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 16986 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 175531 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.