PLS 0.69% $2.90 pilbara minerals limited

The big thing about the current situation is the lithium stocks...

1. 5,138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2705
    The big thing about the current situation is the lithium stocks have been shorted to the ‘sheethouse’.
    The Instos have used the ‘lithium oversupply’ story, the shortcomings of lithium producers in hitting their numbers, the blowout in costs and timelines of producers, etc, etc, to make the perfect haven for shorters and negative sentiment.
    Then you throw in Instos driving this negativity to accumulate, and the exodus of retail who have made great profits, and companies such as oil, etc, driving this sentiment, we probably all started to wonder about our lithium stocks portfolio.

BUT the reality is here and now...

1) EVs are becoming a reality- cheaper and much less labour intensive, they are becoming fashionable, trendy and everyday in many places- I even saw one charging on a rooftop garage at Wye River on the Great Ocean Road- last week!
    2) China has driven the apprehension with an oversupply of poor quality product- why? Probably so it can really gain a domination/monopoly/huge market share of the ev revolution imo. The Chinese have launched a war- not with guns and bombs- just against everybody else as it seeks to become a financial and producing powerhouse- imo. If only our government would do more with our primary produce- and try to build the next stage or two of the ev production cycle. Wouldn’t it be great to be a battery producing powerhouse- how many jobs would it produce?
    3) Trumpy & the Chinese are mending bridges- this is one thing that has really killed the markets of the last 18 months- I think I just read this morning that the IPO market is in hibernation- who’d Launch a share company in the current market and no wonder markets are down and the penny dreadfuls are battered!
    4) The metals market has copped a belting too- check out shares like PLS, GXY, Syria and MLX, and check out the price of Cobalt, lithium, etc, etc,- all down a huge amount.

GET the feeling sentiment is about to change- been great to top up at these levels again, and I’m really happy to be a PLS holder- our product is QUALITY, we have a great RESOURCE in the ground, we have a quality TEAM (thanks Ken & co), we have a innovative/quality EQUIPMENT, first rate OFFTAKES/BACKERS, and we’re up and about early!
    Not far of a rerate imo, and those that sold recently bad luck. Get the feeling the old man’s quote is really relevant to now...
    ’Its always darkest before the dawn!’

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.90
Change
0.020(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $8.732B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.86 $2.94 $2.80 $102.1M 35.55M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 314863 $2.88

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.91 20820 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.