PLS 1.32% $3.06 pilbara minerals limited

Day to day discussions on S/P, page-7996

1. 8,983 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4436
    Yes agree, but problems for tesla has been lack on inventory (demand outstripping supply), thus have guided for 'production' of 500k units, but if economic slow down is bad enough, any sensible company would slow/cut production based on demand.

What I can gather from your sentiment for global markets, we all should be long gold and short everything else. But, from an expensive market perspective, we all know that asset price are high, relative to prior cycles, but interest rates are less than half of what they were in said prior cycles, and any further rate hikes now unlikely. Therefore, nothing to push markets higer or lower = sideways movement in global markets. Assuming markets grind sideways for a few years, investors wanting to make money would be looking for dominent sector trends, and right now and as I look forward, I see the transition to how we power transport and generate energy as a resonably dominent trend.

I think its also important to consider that cars, trucks, busses, etc are not new tech, therefore, all the infrastructure, rules, etc are already in place, we just changing the way we power our transport, which IMO makes it much easier for mass adoption, albeit, the rate of growth could slow in line with a slowing economy, and that being the case, ICE vehicles sales would also suffer.

As per Dr_Manhattan, EV adoption rates in China are at 5% of total car sales, projections at start of 2018 had China reaching those numbers in a few years, Macqauie bank had China 2018 EV growth at 30 to 40%, taking the average of 35%, they were 80% off the mark, a mere 220k units. Nobody can predict the future, but IMO, the e-mobility and energy generation trend is reasonably visible, if you follow the money being allocated to the sector.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.06
Change
0.040(1.32%)
Mkt cap ! $9.210B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.04 $3.12 $3.02 $47.88M 15.58M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
18 321604 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.07 269930 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.