FMG 1.89% $18.31 fortescue ltd

Day to Day ops FMG., page-22

1. 2,379 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 717
    I didn't read PilbaraBoys post as racist. I read it as a group who are never satisfied. In my opinion FMG and more particularly Andrew Forrest has attempted to make a difference by breaking the welfare cycle by providing employment and skills (and lets be realistic, at very subsidised rates and low entry hurdles) rather than just throwing cash via royalties at the easy way out.
    The other two major iron ore miners keep throwing royalty money but does it really improve the indigenous life quality?
    I'll give you a real life example. In a previous role I managed the investment portfolio for a community a significant way out of Port Hedland (I have to be a bit vague for privacy reasons). I would go to the community on an annual basis to present the portfolio returns, macro and micro and micro economic concerns, global equity outlooks, risk profile tolerance etc etc. What really concerned me at every visit was the apathy of the decision makers (both the elders and the "white" advisers) at living conditions of the the community, which was third world at best, but more concerned that the mining companies had paid them their royalties. When I raised suggestions on spending some of the royalty money on housing and wellbeing for community the response was "that is the government's job". I always left very saddened by the attitude.
    And to put it in perspective I had circa $75M under management for them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$18.31
Change
0.340(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $56.37B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.09 $18.32 $18.06 $115.9M 6.367M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 273 $18.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.32 9260 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.