Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 10 June 2020, page-58

1. 12,282 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 396
    Well it is not a bad thing to be on the sidelines and in a position to re- enter when you see the outcome -

I did not sense a lot of fear around today - However it was not as bullish as yesterday - well sort of a bit slower - trades all still happening - thing is these days they happen and then peeps are out o/n mostly- if there is an unpredictable event happening in the middle of the night .....

BET - was a good example today - gapped up on good news - then immediately smashed and soaked up - then trended nicely up to the morning high = neat - and everyone out late in the day -

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2216/2216452-4db9e2434c756f35515eebf4a8f7f2b9.jpg

It is impossible to predict what will happen - it is usually never what anyone predicts -

The futures bounce around all the time - sometimes they get a bit angry though and big numbers in the red is a reasonable indicator to just exit and wait and see - Paying brokerage is better than dealing with any gap down cool.png so you did the right thing - you can always get back in but if you don't protect your capital it is gone.

I generally sit on the fence - I am inclined to be bullish - and also take note some people are genuinely concerned about the economic situation -
    I will use @pustayo as an example of someone that is genuine with no real ulterior trade he is trying to support with his comments on the situation.

In general the discussion is great there are two sides as @taughtbuffet also provides a different view - the market is forward looking and the fear is not heightened atm- that can turn any time though gotta keep an eye on the whole picture not one event perhaps -

I am no economist but common sense and defensive trading when you are unsure is a good rule of thumb - but not trading is also a loss as some have sat on the sidelines and missed the epic bounce that did happen
    APT low of $8 - today $54.85 - 7 bagger almost.... that is just one example - A lot of people were just trading that at one point when nothing else was moving -
    FMG has hit all time high lately and throws up good trades all the time - I would not be upset to get stuck with these if things went pearshaped as they are big companies - so your choices of what to trade atm are important imo

Timing and charts are the best guide - not fear or predictions - It is also a thing in today's modern market that a lot of people are taking a short position on the index and will preach fear - that is something only you can learn to watch for and manage -

It is not always a case of indexes up Gold down - when there is real trouble as we saw in the beginning gold got sold to cover the sudden dump in the market - big learning curve for us all and pretty exciting -

@Lambrae nice giff - and excited to see the journey of trading BTC - I am sure you will share the ride with us biggrin.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.