Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 11 Mar 2019, page-51

1. 32,599 Posts.
    The idea of DTing is not that it's a way to make more $$$s but you can manage risk better. There are very few stocks like SPT that offer simple trades of 'just going up' all the time. Even in the ST.

As it happened I did post early in the day that SPT had, according to my TA, gone off the chart and was liable to break down. Peeps who had got on early and just held should have been thinking of selling once it headed to $2 but probs like 1.95 levels.

For sure now there will be LTers who are still holding expecting it to go back to $2 and much higher. But what happens most of the time is that the stock fades away. That's just the simple statistical reality. Doesn't matter whether it's true about SPT or not. Even APT could be 30c at end of the year. There's plenty of examples. 1PG anyone?

Stocks like APT and SPT give peeps a false idea of what the market is like. Sure, someone might make a fortune and get it right but if you just trade em you can take away a lot of risk and make good 444s.

I must say tho. Whoever was running up the SPT price was doing a very profesh job of it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.