I see no problems with people having a contrarian view on...

1. 48,997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 550
    I see no problems with people having a contrarian view on someones call but it needs to be backed up by something and not just a direct ( or indirect ) attack at that persons actual post.

For example :

1. If some one posts a chart and you have a contrarian opinion or view on the chart by all means say something and post a chart back with your reasoning or thoughts on why you think it maybe incorrect. Especially with TA this is how we can actually take some value out of peoples calls right or wrong and learn something new and evolve as chartists. I learn so much from many other chartists on this thread and one day i will actually write something up about this and give those people there absolute due kudos, we have alot more on the thread now and its really good to see.. your xmas card is in the mail a shout out for this will follow some time over the course of the weekend because i think this really needs to be recognized. It got extremely dry there for a while.

2. If you are calling fundamentals and they are in fact just lies or bullshit and you have proof. By all means call that poster out, back it up with a source of information as to your contrarian view. One also needs to remember that everyone will interpret a fundamental announcement differently as well, I myself have interpreted plenty and its cost me dearly. I have also missed plenty of trades based off announcements which essentially i dont understand because its not my area of expertise or just a lack of knowledge in that department and im sometimes left scratching my head, so for myself i will just follow the chart and general sentiment from posters who seem to be more experienced in that particular area.

Everyone thinks differently about what they see in the market, how the market depths work, how the price action works and the patterns that are created to form a market. So its fair to say someone is going to see things differently especially for example if someone has had stock XYZ on there screen for the last week or longer, stalking it, but has started to see a change in characteristics of what the stock is doing. If you watch a stock for long enough you get to understand how it behaves. For someone who goes and looks at it for the first time, they may think what is this poster talking about, its doing nothing. But unless you have studied the action leading up to it, then its easy to overlook potential trades. I myself look for these especially ones that have based for a long period of time and are starting to shows signs of a potential move. More often than not they will align with a potential news event that maybe due / overdue etc.

Anyways just a few thoughts and this is not directed at poster(s) in particular, as im absolutely tired of the rubbish that has gone on lately, some of which i have contributed towards and would like to apologize for any part i have taken in this. I think its time to bury the hatchet with all this hate on the forum, if you dont like someome, put them on ignore and move on. It clutters up the forums and makes it extremely hard to read.

Cheers all

V
    Last edited by sintrate: 16/10/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.