Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 18 Aug 2020, page-34

1. 5,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Not sure what to say really except I just traded them really badly in hindsight but it's too late to worry about them now. I concentrate a lot on the tape/market depth and the daily and weekly charts to see if something looks like it is turning around or breaking out or continuing to breakout in an uptrend.

With HYD I saw it yesterday and thought that when it broke through 12c on the weekly that it was a buy and the announcement sounded ok. I wasn't watching it closely enough and by the time I looked at it again it had gone to 13c so I put a buy on 12.5c for 20000 shares (cause didn't want to buy anymore cause wasn't overly confident with the support at that stage) to try and get in for what I thought would be a good price (although could have bought it for 13c but didn'trolleyes.png) but it kept going up so I just thought "stuff it I've missed it and I'm not going to chase it" and the rest is history.

With MTB I was looking at it when it was in the pre-notice release and looked at the announcement but didn't really think it was much even though it reopened at 0.006c. That was already up 200% from yesterday so I thought I'm not chasing this thing either and now it's gone off too. Although it looks like a pump and dump to me that has continued pumping a long way up.

Anyway just need to buy quicker next time I think. Especially ones like HYD. That was a terrible miss but will just have to wait for the next one nowsmile.png

But yes if you are going to day trade properly you need to be able to see real time data on the tape/market depth to see if the momentum and support is there because I think that is important. You can't just rely on a chart. So I would pay for real time data from somewhere if I was you. It should help. I use Bullcharts and have Bell Direct streaming and live data as a back-up.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.