@RogerRamjet Before i answer your questions, i do apologise for...

1. 2,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 148
    @RogerRamjet Before i answer your questions, i do apologise for using techinical terms like 'no demand' bit loosely and interchangably than what you would find in text books. I've made made various applications to my TA over the years and what works for me personally so i dont speak for any scholars out there.
    i
    Volume Spread Analysis (VSA) is a beauty as its somewhat simple to grasp yet very effective so when I talk about demand, we got to factor in other VSA principles in terms of spread and volume and where/when we should/would expect volume to flow.

For me...
    1. Yes i tend apply these tests more often after markdowns/distributions as we can assume sellers are in control for the time being so the success rate of the pattern is more likely. However, it can be applied in other stages and not necessarily in this context.

2. Yes on the intraday i often look for about 3 candles but it can vary depending on the patterns of the stock(see orange circles) . We often have the breakout/retest attempt followed by a drop in RELATIVE volume (significantly lower in volume and minimal spread to the pattern).

3. Often yes but not limited to this, in this example, we are applying it at each resistance pressure point where we would expect some movement but not supported by the follow through.

4. Ultimately it becomes a high risk point point to buy or to get your sell button ready

5. Looking for a failed breakout so we would expect that candle to close below the resistance at the point. Incredibly important to look at volume

GTR 15 mins
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2165/2165860-0941695d831c76fad8e2ea80afc747d0.jpg

Then if you have a look on the daily we might see a similar pattern in play. We are at abouts ..where "1" is at the moment from the intra-day.

Based on the above, can you guess what happens next though?

GTR Daily
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2165/2165880-a5000f97e73a3534450f4dabbb31a1e0.jpg

Hope this helps.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.