Hey Rick, sorry just saw this now bit clogged up in the...

1. 1,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3

Hey Rick, sorry just saw this now bit clogged up in the notifications.

I look for breaks above moving averages. Changes in supply and demand one of my favourites is picking up accumulators after a stock has broken out. Usually retail will sell down, at oversold levels I look for value buying coming in and accumulation potential a break in a range. I like my candlesticks too, look for buy signals on the daily showing changes in sentiment or strong bullish action.

This isn't one particular trade but just many random variables. I have some tools and options for how to trade and a journal with 'trades' that work and I look to take positions in line with this but at the same time every trade is unique so I'm a little intuitive in that sense I adapt to the trade while it is happening.

Usually I will have a large watchlist of 'hot' and active stocks breaking out on volume and I'll stalk them, learn how they move. I look at retracement levels mark up a chart etc. I'm not 100% successful but I know when I'm wrong and I act quickly, I think this is where I''m going well since my losses are kept minimal and my profits outweigh my losses. I take profits, probably too early but I never want to get caught holding the bag in spec land and paper is paper, if I'm in a really good trade though I'll sell off 20% at a time after 50% and ride it out, sometimes trade a parcel on the side. Hope this is semi helpful, markets a bit hard atm so chin up you'll be okay, I've lost a little confidence myself lately so being a little more cautious one trade at a time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.