Thanks so much for such a detailed reply, it's also great to...

1. 47 Posts.
    Thanks so much for such a detailed reply, it's also great to hear from another kiwi. From what I gather so far the brokerage fees are unavoidable and you just have to take them into account before entering a position. Its good to hear you suggest the NZX markets, I guess the only reason I was looking across the pond is that the NZX market didn't seem very volatile, I had heard you need volatility to day trade successfully, However, f you have success day trading on the NZX it definitely seems like it would be a better idea to start off there rather than having to think about conversion rates too. As for resources someone else had already recommended I look into VSA so I downloaded a book on it last night, I like to read, I am very much aware this is going to be a long and risky process where I will inevitably lose money but then again you spend thousands on secondary education with no guarantee you will make a return, its just part of the learning process.

Thanks again for all your help, I'll keep a lookout for you around these forums.
    Regards, Domwaffle

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.