Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 4 June 2020, page-68

1. 2,152 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    @Lambrae
    Its difficult to master and I use to feel like i need a tequila shot eveytime something runs away from me .. But you get use to it and then start to appreciate the wins and lifesavers when things go your way . I cant say I'm 100.00% consistent on the following personal rule either but I've trialled it and it works for me personally, so that's why I've stuck to it probably 99% of the time. Less effective in bull phases of the general market as the pumps are sometimes relentless.. But can't complaint as a dollar not made is not a dollar lost but rather a dollar more to trade!

Bid in queue would depend on the trading pattern of the stock. E.g if trading a breakout/continuation scenario and it's a strong trending follow through on volume.. I would bid on the new support on the backtest/pullback. (I try to never buy on the first wave of a breakout to avoid bulltraps, I.e the reaction, to analyse its strength and validity before committing to a bid). Depending on the trading strength, I may make an exception and bid a pip higher than the support but no more than that. I'd watch the action and if I don't like what I'm seeing (I.e supply) I'd pull out my order before I get my fill.

Exit (selling) requires a different approach imo and therefore needs to be fluid as a stock can turn any moment. Stops are handy, but when a stock is making its way up, wise to have a max target in mind and be ready to sell if supply enters before the target price.
    Last edited by Jnnl: 04/06/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.