Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 6 July 2020, page-128

1. 585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Interesting @Numlock. I'd be very interested in hearing more of your experience with IB's conditional orders - specifically, their being able to be placed *at time* of placing your order. This would be a game-changer for me. I was only just yesterday advocating to Commsec One the need for their platform to be updated for this functionality. In fact, that it's absent from their platform, makes me think it's a business decision by them. (Presently, a conditional order can only be placed once you OWN the stock, rather than when you are placing a buy for that stock. In the cut and thrust of day trading, this sequencing and the delay can often be problematic. Consequently, I haven't been (able to be) using *hard* stop losses. Not good.)

BTW: if it's that Interactive Brokers requires you pay extra for market depth, perhaps it's worth considering paying for Spark Iguana, which as well as providing market depth (I think) provides other features considered by some to be game-changers if you're one for reading the tape. $50 isn't cheap; but I am considering paying for it once I get better at reading order flow. Perhaps other Spark users might comment.???

https://iguana2.com/spark-pricing

Keen to hear more later on your experiences with IB's conditional order setups.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.