Great post @juliarrr199 I think that we all get that anxiety...

1. 3,625 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    Great post @juliarrr199 I think that we all get that anxiety when we come to a spot in the chart that we don't know well , or that presents a little differently than other uptrends . The market is designed to create fear - fear of loss and fear of missing out . Have a big watchlist - then selling is just an opportunity to buy a new share . Have so many that you have to get used to missing out , and be OK with that - can't be on every share going up. Learn what the ugly signals are that are actually bullish ,so that they bring you joy , rather than fear . It sounds like the fear is coming from the market maker's tricks - to get you to doubt your position. Because of the times that we are trading in, (potentially volatile), I tend to just trade the part of the chart that I know well at the moment . You know that you bought your share ,at the pullback of a bullish uptrend that will go higher , but you may not be certain of what happens next . If you always trade according to a set of rules , you will feel anxiety when you come to a spot that you haven't worked out the rules for . At the moment I just sell at that point, and "find another bus", - until I have time to study that part of the chart . And I make it my goal to do so . Everything can be learnt if you put in the time. I think if you can name your reason for staying in , that will reduce anxiety - as you are still trading according to some formula or rules that you can articulate - rather than just taking a gamble. At any stage , you can always say . I have made enough - I am out - next bus! Sounds like you are doing really well . Don't stay out of the daytrading forum. There is no requirement on anyone to get it right all the time, or at all. Get in there and get your hands dirty . Your reputation can be regained as you improve. The main thing is learning. I am sure people enjoy your participation anyway.
    Happy trading juliarr199!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.