Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 7 Sep 2020, page-48

1. 1,704 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    @rmrm06 ( reply didn't work sorry)

So first of all, as a trader you did your best and the halt was completely out of your control. All you can do now is the best you can with whatever happens on Wednesday. Capital raisings are not always bad nor are halts, so I would recommend come to Wednesday with a clear mind and look at what the market is doing. Seperate your trading from the fear of what may or may not happen. Also accept that even if the trade turns against you, there is a lot you can do as a trader to maintain your trading and manage the position. Like others have suggested you can consider whether you want to hold some or all of the position. You could always hold part of the position if the size is too big for you to hold, it really all depends I don't know the stock very well so I recommend as others have suggested reading the forum.

In general some of my most challenging trades and unexpected circumstances as a newer trader made me a better trader in the long run. Many situations in the market will occur beyond your control, trading is about how we as traders adapt to those unexpected situations in alignment with our style/plan.

I agree with @Veritas2000 if you need to take a day off to clear your head do it. From experience I can say in my first year of trading I would get caught and this would impact my performance in other trades. I was trading from a state of cognitive bias where I was subconsciously still thinking about past trades or other situations and I would not be confident in my later trades. Trading should not be emotional, each trade is a new trade and nothing that occurs in the market is personal. There will be ups and downs the overall trend matters most. Be kind to yourself. We are all human and all traders even the most successful traders get stuck or have situations like this.
    Last edited by juliarrr199: 07/09/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.