Day Trader’s Aftermarket Lounge 7 Sep 2020, page-9

1. 2,976 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    OT - These times are unprecedented. I do not remember a time when daytrading was as easy as it is now, where you can hold a stock that is a dog and it comes back good. Going through my list of dogs that I have held for years, some over 10yrs. On the 1st of July I had 65 stocks that I was stuck in dating back to 2009.

Since then 13 of them that turned around a $35k loss and I sold them at a $15k profit. That is a 50k turnaround for these dogs. Some have gone up even more since then.

I have a further 17 that are now in the black. That is almost half of my dog list. I held onto them because I never knew the meaning of stop losses until the last couple of years, and I always thought they weren't worth selling. I have become a daytrader since then, in every sense of the word. I sell out at the end of the day, unless I see a very compelling reason to hold overnight. For every 50 daytrades, I have one overnighter. I also have a STT account for the likes of RSH, CNB, SBW, etc. I am just in utter disbelief that a global pandemic that has shut down economies across the world, has meant several 'dead' stocks have risen to life. It just boggles the mind and goes against all logic. People say the markets are usually 6 months ahead. In this case, I think the markets are trading 24 months ahead.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.