OT Pertaining to the discussion here on posting rules, it seems...

1. 4,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    OT Pertaining to the discussion here on posting rules, it seems to me the problem is with the view that there must actually be a defined set of “rules”, a pretty conventional and ultimately forever problematic cure satisfying none and continuously worse than the disease, administered ad hoc by mk 1. non-standard moderators at the whims of misguided or potentially malicious feedback from individuals leading to an imbalance in the karmic field. Who here has ever tried to write a constitution?
    I suggest the simple thumb down logarithm, a true, direct and real time reflection of the public view, want’s, likes and otherwise.
    Any post that triggers an aversion for attitude, perceived misuse of the thread for spamming, misinformation or other waste of time and space can get a vote.
    Let the thread moderate itself, by group and individual self. Just like the playground.
    Let the daily high scorer, from the start of threads, be rewarded with an instant sin binning until his score is surpassed and then he can fight it out for the hot seat with any other likely contenders for the chair. Perhaps a minimum time sentence of 10 minutes as well, or multi/co-awards might be a consideration such as allowing several (non)posters to share the title at the same time. As in 1
    st three place getters.
    Such actions could be kept entirely discrete in the spirit of respect for personal considerations, or emblazoned on a score board as an example and entertainment for the satisfaction of the crowd. I’m easy.
    It’ll be just like in the colosseum, the only place that the public could exhibit a truly democratic notion.
    On this thread only of course. We’re special…
    Last edited by sikadeer: 08/08/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.