Here are some ideas i wrote down at the pub last night over a...

1. 48,997 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 550
    Here are some ideas i wrote down at the pub last night over a couple of brews

1. If you are only going to post a stock code and no other information. The 1 code per stock per session seems reasonable. Ie 3 per day ( premarket, morning, arvo )

2. If you post a stock code with a chart or fundamentals in any session, and they change ( most likely the technicals as most announcements come pre market ) then you should be allowed to post an updated chart, and a new blurb to go with it. It cant be the same information repeated.

3. If that particular stock which has merit for an updated chart or fundamental analysis you should be able to mention it twice.
    A 3rd time only if its a hot stock for the day but it has to come with some kind of update TA or read on the price action, especially if its contrary to a preceeding post on that stock, you need to be able quote yourself and say its wrong, or changed, chart, price action has gone against what you originally thought was going to happen.

4. There should be a warning system, however its a very tricky situation to moderate. Most folk are moderated or suspended based on the reporting system, unfortunately there are folk out there who just like report people for the sake of it or have some ill intention towards the user which i believe makes a suspension quite biased. Just like folk talk about boiler rooms for traders on other social media platforms, i have no doubt there are plenty of behind the scenes conversations where folk can target posters and report them...

5. We should have a day trade thread moderator who understands how it works to keep it clean, but they would need to be unbiased, something for consideration towards the admins of hotcopper perhaps?

6. Discussion of a stock during the day trading thread can rack you up alot of post counts on a stock code, especially if you are quoting someone elses post and they have the stock code in it, if you do a search on a user vs the code name, those are included in the post count. We should be able to talk about stocks intra day. Taking conversations to the stock codes individual thread would be messy.

8. We are advised to use a stock code in every post so people know what that person is talking about, we are starting to see less and less of this, because people are trying avoid the current rule in place.

Another idea..

I like the idea of a "thumbs" down button, some type of automated moderation of posts, where by if  a users posts breaches a certain threshold its auto moderated, and the user is given a warning from the message system 3 strikes within a certain time frame gets you an automated 24 hour suspension or something along these lines. Thats for the higher powers to discuss.

Any one user can only have a certain amount of "dislikes" in a day to stop the abuse of this system ( similar to the GA system )

This would save the mods a significant amount of time having to moderate this thread.

Thoughts ?

Cheers

@Madmin
    @highlandlad
    Last edited by sintrate: 08/08/19

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.